ASCLS-Ohio Scholarship Eligibility
SCHOLARSHIP RULES AND REGULATIONS
To be eligible for an ASCLS-Ohio scholarship, the applicant must have:
- Proven academic success as evidenced by overall G.P.A.
- Specific knowledge of the medical laboratory science profession
- Demonstrated success and acknowledgement of the following principles and standards by which laboratory professionals practice in their profession to include: Integrity, Sound judgement, Reliability, and Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Effective and appropriate written communication
- Financial need
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
Membership in ASCLS is helpful, as it is included in the judging, but not required. **Membership is required to be eligible for the ASCLS-Ohio Member Scholarship.
- Complete the application form ASCLS Scholarship 2017-2018
- Submit a brief statement which describes your interest in clinical laboratory science and explains your financial need for a scholarship.
- Submit a character reference from a responsible citizen, not a relative, commenting on the applicant’s personal qualities listed in Section I.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a school official, instructor or academic advisor commenting on the applicant’s aptitude for science, personal qualities and academic status (GPA).
- Submit an official transcript from college or university attended. Those applying for the member scholarship currently enrolled in graduate school should submit a transcript from both the graduate school and the undergraduate degree granting institution.
- Enclose the completed application and all supporting documents together in a single envelope.
- All documentation should be sent directly to the chairperson of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-Ohio Scholarship Committee (see address below).
When to apply:
- Postmark Deadline for completed applications is November 15th of the current year. Emailed applications and recommendations will be accepted-deadline is 23:59 of November 15th.
- Notification of status will be sent to all recipients by February.
- Future eligibility requires reapplication.
- Recipients will be asked to accept the award before the scholarship monies will be sent.
ASCLS Ohio Scholarship Committee
Tom Belko, Chairperson
26583 Township Road 31
Warsaw, Ohio 43844
H: (740) 824-5014
**See other website pages for additional scholarship information