April 22nd, 2013 by sbaker
Nominations form 2013 ASCLS-Ohio
ASCLS-Ohio needs YOU! Please consider nominating yourself or one of your ASCLS-Ohio member colleague(s) for one of the elected positions listed on the “Nominations Form,” printed on the adjacent page. Active participation provides the opportunity to directly influence the goals and activities of the organization. The benefits to volunteering for an organization such as ASCLS-Ohio are two-fold. On a personal level, volunteering for this organization can help impact the future of the profession and the society as a whole. On a professional level, volunteering provides many social networking opportunities with laboratory professionals throughout the state of Ohio and nationwide, can create invaluable connections to aid in your professional development, and develop/enhance both personal and career leadership skills. The qualifications for each position for which nominees are being sought can be found on the nominations form. Nominate yourself or someone you know today so new ideas and enthusiasm can start to flow!
ASCLS-Ohio is a volunteer state society. We depend on you, the members, for setting the tone of organization and you are the very reason we exist! If you agree that this society is an important facet of our profession, then come and participate. The board knows that laboratory professionals are very busy both in and out of the laboratory, so we ask each member to share a minimum of their time and talents for the betterment of the profession.
Interested, but unsure as to what the expectations, requirements and time commitments are for one of the elected positions on the ASCLS-Ohio Board of Directors? Email Stacy Baker at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a copy of the position descriptions with the basic functions and a detailed listing of responsibilities for each position.
Briefly, the duties for each position include:
- President- serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization whose duties include appointing committees, setting the strategic direction of the organization for the year, etc. The President serves as the Presiding Officer of the Board of Directors and Member Business Meeting, an Ex-officio member of all ASCLS-Ohio Committees, a Voting Member of Region IV Council, a member of ASCLS President’s council, the Chair of Ohio delegation to the ASCLS Annual Meeting and the Chair of the Leadership Conference.
- President-Elect – assume Presidential office and perform necessary duties in absence of President; assists the President with the Annual Leadership Conference; may serve on various ASCLS-Ohio Committees and task forces; serves as a member of ASCLS President’s Council and a voting member of ASCLS Region IV Council; after this one-year term, will succeed to the Presidency (for a two-year term).
- Recording Secretary – performs secretarial duties for all Board of Directors and Member Business Meetings; serves as a voting member of the Executive Board; may be appointed to serve on various ASCLS-Ohio committees and task forces.
- Junior/Senior Director – the affairs of the Society are governed by the Board of Directors; develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures as required in the establishment of an organization; attends all meetings of the Board of Directors, annual Member Business Meeting, and Leadership Conference; may be appointed by the President to serve as member or chair of task forces or any standing, special or ad hoc committee.
The entire Board of Directors meets 3-4 times during the society year (August 1 – July 31) either face-to-face or via conference call. Email is used extensively to facilitate the timely communication of all information and to seek input on issues that arise throughout the year.
The best way to find answers to any questions you have is to talk with a member of the ASCLS-Ohio Leadership who currently holds the position that is of interest to you. Contact information for officers and board members is posted on the ASCLS-Ohio web site (www.ascls-ohio.org).
Elections for these positions will be held at the ASCLS-Ohio Member Business Meeting at the 2013 Collaborative Laboratory Conference, on Friday, May 10th from 7:30-8:30 am. All ASCLS-Ohio members are encouraged to attend.
Deadline to submit a nomination is May 3, 2013!
March 27th, 2013 by sbaker
Please see the PDF version of the CLC 2013 Program Brochure here: Ohio CLC 2013 broch FINAL. The hard copies are being printed now and will be mailed in the near future.
February 12th, 2013 by sbaker
Please see the latest version of OHIO CLS Today February 2013.
February 12th, 2013 by sbaker
Join us for the first annual Member Appreciation Event called Fun and Friends. Please click on the “Fun and Friends” link for more information. The date will be October 2013 and we are eliciting interest from membership. Please email email@example.com and let us know if you are interested in the event.
February 8th, 2013 by sbaker
Like pizza? Want a free pizza party? ASCLS-Ohio is holding its first ever virtual fundraising competition for college students!
Does your Medical Laboratory Science Class want to join the fun? Donations will be going to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
Think you are ready for a little competition? Any team at a College in the state of Ohio is asked to put their fundraising skills to task and raise as much money as possible for the Mid-Ohio foodbank.
Interested? Send an email to Stacy Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll your team in the competition. Once you email a desired team name and the college you are from, start drumming up support so you can win a free pizza party on ASCLS-Ohio!
Rules & Regulations:
1. Each college is allowed one team. Teams can be an entire class.
2. Money can be raised however you please.
3. At the end of the state meeting (May 10th, 2013), the winning team and college will be announced.
4. The winning team will win a pizza party on ASCLS-Ohio.
So, what’s next? Let the games begin, form a team and start donating.
First step? Interested teams please email email@example.com to get started. Please list your team captain, desired team name, College and team member names.
February 8th, 2013 by sbaker
IN ADDITION TO THE FOOD DRIVE ON SITE AT THE CLC 2013, A VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE IS NOW AVAILABLE UNTIL THE END OF THE CONFERENCE ON MAY 10TH. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE MONETARY DONATIONS BASED ON THE PERSONAL INVITATION BELOW. JUST FOLLOW THE LINK AND ENSURE YOUR DONATIONS ARE PLACED UNDER THE TEAM “ASCLS-OHIO.”
I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support Mid-Ohio Foodbank. Please help support me in this important project by contributing generously. For information about this volunteer fundraiser and its programs, you can visit: http://fooddrive.midohiofoodbank.org/site/TR/FundraisingEvent/General?px=1044441&pg=personal&fr_id=1140
It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause by making your tax-deductible donation online using the link below. If you would prefer, you can send your contribution to the address listed below.
Whatever you can give will help – it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
Sincerely, Stacy Baker
DIRECTIONS TO DONATE:
1. Click on the above link under “you can visit”
2. You will see an “ASCLS-Ohio Members” tab below support Stacy and join Stacy’s team
3. If you click on the “ASCLS-Ohio Members” you can then make a donation
February 6th, 2013 by ashifley
Please click below for more information on Ohio’s CLC 2013
Save the date
Continue to check our website for online registration for the conference!
January 18th, 2013 by ashifley
Register now for the APHL-ASCLS Webinar series
Click here for more information
Use ASCLS member discount code MEM13 to receive the $135 site registration/webinar; receive one connection to the live webinar and unlimited access to the archived webinar for six months! P.A.C.E.®approved.
November 8th, 2012 by ashifley
A Message from J.R. Constance, ASCLS President-elect
ASCLS Needs You! – A Call for Volunteers!
One of the first tasks of the ASCLS President-Elect is to issue a call for volunteers – for individuals who are interested in becoming more involved in ASCLS national committee activities or as an ASCLS representative to another organization. Serving ASCLS in one of these capacities allows you to have an influence on your professional organization which, in turn, can set the direction for the medical laboratory profession. There are numerous opportunities for members to participate in the activities of ASCLS throughout the year, and it would best serve the organization if there is a mix of new and experienced professionals on all of the committees. New people with new ideas are always welcome, as are those who have served ASCLS in various capacities over the years and have knowledge of past activities.
Please see the attached document for more information to be a ASCLS volunteer:
ASCLS Call for Volunteers_2013-2014
November 7th, 2012 by ashifley
The Pathology Core Facility on Polaris Pkwy in Columbus is looking to hire a student to help in the clinical and research laboratories. It’s a part time position that can be worked around the student’s schedule.
For more information on the PCF visit it’s website at www.pathology.osu.edu/htrn.